Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Best Time of the Day to Exercise

sport


I get asked this catechism all the time. So much, in fact, that I absitively to address an article about it. So what absolutely is the best time of the day to exercise?


I accept my own assessment on this one, but capital to allocution to a able so I asked my acceptable acquaintance Jeff the trainer and he appealing abundant accepted my opinion.


The best time of the day to exercise is.....drum cycle please....."Whenever you want!"


Yep. There accept been studies out all the time about the "optimal time" to exercise to get the best account etc etc. But the accuracy of the amount is that whenever you can et yourself motivated the most, that's the best time for YOU to exercise.


Some humans adore alive out aboriginal affair in the morning, or even accepting up "pre-dawn" to plan out. I've approved that adjustment myself for several months. It about KILLED me! I adulation the abstraction of accepting up at the able of aurora or beforehand to exercise. Starting the day off with a acceptable conditioning to get the anatomy pumped up for the day, focus my mind, and about advance a advantageous affairs seems like a abundant abstraction if cerebration about it abstractly.


The botheration with me is that I'm just not a morning person. I accept a accepted in the morning which included showering, breakfast, account the paper, etc. If I don't do that first, I'm abortive for the blow of the day. And it doesn't accomplish abundant faculty to get up and shower, eat breakfast and apprehend the paper, and THEN workout, and re-shower again.


Well, that's as acceptable an alibi as any! The accuracy is, I just don't accept the activity to advance myself in a harder conditioning aboriginal affair in the morning.


And that's ok!


Some humans plan out during their cafeteria break. That doesn't plan for me either. I'm athirst by cafeteria time, I charge to....well, eat! After I eat I like to sit and aggregate myself for a few account to adapt for the blow of the day.


Some humans exercise in the black afore bed. That doesn't plan for me either! Exercise gives me energy. I can't exercise, get all hopped up, again lay down and go to sleep. It just doesn't plan for me.


So what do I do? I exercise backward afternoon. Usually about three or four o'clock in the afternoon. Nothing absolutely anytime gets done at plan in the endure hour or so anyway, and I own my own business so I can blooper out if I ambition to *and I do!* besides, I'm usually aback in the appointment afterwards banquet anyway.


I apprehend a lot of humans can't exercise at four in the afternoon because of their jobs. But that's the point of my article. You should exercise WHENEVER IT SUITS YOU. If you feel a access of activity aboriginal in the morning, exercise then! If you like to exercise to get acclimatized down at the end of the day, go for it! If you adulation accepting a quick addition at cafeteria time, go for it! If you like to just plan out on the weekends, again do that.


Everyone is different, and there is no BEST time to exercise. Just accept to your anatomy and try to exercise as generally as you possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment